Sunday, July 17, 2005

A few Not So Bad days

Felt pretty good for most of Friday (July 15, 2005). Had started the day with an early morning headache but managed to kick it by taking two (2) Excedrin Extra Strength tablets shortly after waking.

Managed to keep busy reading and studying and despite 100 degree F weather, mowed, trimmed, and watered the back yard around noon. Turned on the AC and had a productive afternoon. Had a nice dinner, took my daily two (2) Verapamil at 7:45 PM and watched Be Cool on television at night.

Had a good night's sleep, woke with more typical neck and head pain. Took a single (1) Excedrin at 8:30 AM and was moderately good all day. The steady, "ice-tong" type of pressure was continuous, but this is more distracting than painful and I would be glad to settle for this as my worst type of day. :-)

By Saturday evening the pain was a bit stronger and at 8 PM I took one (1) Excedrin along with my daily two (2) Verapamil. Uneventful evening with TV and chat and went to bed a little past midnight.

Woke 4:30 Am Sunday with sharp head and neck pain. Tried sitting up for a while, but really feeling tired. Decided to go back to bed at 5 AM and slept fitfully, while rubbing my head and pressing with fingers in my left eye socket. Slept for a few more hours and got up feeling even worse. Took two (2) Excedrin at 8:30 AM, ignored nausea and had breakfast (toast and cereal) around 9 AM.

It is now 11:30 AM and I feel somewhat better. Back to just the pressure feeling in/on head, but pain has dissipated.

Feelings of frustration prevail. I'm glad the pain is gone, but disheartened about having used the Excedrin yet again. I'm assuming my problem is rebound headache related, but don't really have the stomach to just deal with the pain of withdrawal. If I had some feeling of confidence that the Verapamil or anything else might stop the pain, this would be a much easier action.

Tomorrow I have a Physical Therapy appointment and Tuesday one with the Neurologist. Some more discussion may help determine my next course of action.

Have a PAIN FREE Day,

- Frank

Reference Links:
Excedrin - The Bristol-Myers Squib - Headache Resource Site
"rebound headache" - A Special to CNN article from the Mayo Clinic
Movie Info - The Internet Movie Database


Buy the "Be Cool" DVD at Amazon.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________________________________________________________________________