Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Sure would like the PAIN to stop

Same old, same old...

...awoke at 2:30 AM today with the creepy feeling of an oncoming wallbanger of a headache.

I took a single Excedrin Extra Strength tablet and tried reading news and working on some web projects. By 5:30 AM I was feeling much worse and took a 2nd Excedrin. Pain has continued across most of my upper head and now comes the familiar stabbing pain behind my right eye. Sheesh! I hate this!

I tried manipulation of the areas around the spine (See tennis ball note on 07/11/05), but not really sure if this is helping or making things worse. Didn't have much appetite and only had toast for breakfast as pain and nausea have taken over. As noon passes the pain seems deeper and sharper and nausea is quite strong. Kept myself busy with troubleshooting Blogger and various email and spam problems.

I should mention that last night I doubled my dosage of Verapamil to two (2) 120 MG tablets daily. I only started a week ago with a single tablet daily to watch for side effects. I've still been taking a single Excedrin daily. Internet search suggests that if the Verapamil works at all for headaches, it may take a couple of weeks to do so.

My hope is that at worst, this bout of pain will run its course by midnight. I have my 2nd session of physical therapy tomorrow and am hoping that some clear solution will arise.

That's it for now.

- Frank

Verapamil Links:
http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-i03.html
http://www.headachedrugs.com/archives2/verapamil.html



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________________________________________________________________________