Thursday, July 14, 2005

Whew! More hours lost, but feeling fine today

My headaches yesterday followed their typical pattern and coupled with nausea, kept me pretty much out of commission for the day.

The pain came in waves and varied from sharp (stabbing) pain behind my left eye ( FRANKNOTE: Typo yesterday erroneously stated right eye. ) to an all over the top of skull kind of searing feeling. I would just rub or lightly bounce my head against a door jamb as this seems to distract me from the intensity of the pain.

Someone forwarded me this animation, which pretty accurately illustrates my distraction technique:
Looks painful now, but actually felt good compared to the head pain.

Fortunately I was able to use air conditioning as the outside temperatures reached 100 Degrees F. The heat can make even my more minor headaches seem much worse.

With the nausea, I was in no mood for eating for most of the day. Around 6 PM, I took two (2) more Excedrin Extra Strength tablets and started to feel a bit better by 6:30 PM. Took a shower and had a light dinner at that time and at 8:30 PM took my daily dose of two (2) Verapamil tablets. Felt progressively better through the evening and went to bed around 1 AM. Laid there feeling pangs of hunger and got back up and had a big bowl of cereal, with blueberries, a Diet-Rite cola, and some saltine crackers. Slept pretty well until about 6:15 AM except for a few bouts of cramps in my feet.

Normal breakfast with my beautiful bride, Marilyn, and off to Physical Therapy appointment at 9 AM.

The Therapist commented as she examined my back, that it felt like things had loosened up relative to my Monday visit. We assumed this is the result of my periodic use of the tennis ball treatment. The therapist worked my spine, neck, and skull a bit more thoroughly than my first visit. It felt very good. I also observed that some of the techniques she is using, very closely mirror my own attempts at relieving various head and neck pains.

I felt really good as I left and as noon approaches, I am realizing that I'm feeling better than I've felt in a long time. Hopefully this will persist for more than the few hours I've already enjoyed. Oops, guess I need to suppress my normal cynicism and just ENJOY the day.

Have a PAIN FREE Day,

- Frank

Please Click and enjoy an amusing link or two:
Van Gogh - Starry Night - An interesting photomosaic of a famous painting.
AndreaMosaic - The freeware used to create the previous photomosaic.
Google Zeitgeist - Interesting site showing "patterns, trends, and surprises" of Google user searches.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

____________________________________________________________________________